: chicken nuggets, rice with black and toasted white sesame seeds, grape tomatoes
: red beef curry (a favorite!!), baby bok choy stir-fried with tamari, sugar & pepper
GF products used
: Bell & Evans air chilled gluten free chicken nuggets, A Taste of Thai red curry paste and fish sauce, Thai Kitchen lite coconut milk, 365 Every Day Value roasted peanuts
Thank goodness rice is gluten-free. I don't know what I'd do if it wasn't! And thank goodness one of our all-time favorite curry meals is gluten-free too (and makes great leftovers for bento). I made this for dinner yesterday -- came home from a long day of work at 8:30pm, dropped some jasmine rice into the rice cooker on 'quick cook', then had the curry ready by the time the rice cooker sang it's 'rice is ready' song. Gotta love this kind of fast food. ;o)
I've been a little side-tracked with the de-glutening process (and work!), so my new website is a bit delayed. I am hoping to get it up soon though (now that I've learned to use Dreamweaver and there are two of us formatting the content and setting up links). I swear, it will be so anti-climactic once I'm finally finished. Oh, is that all? Why did it take so long? :P
|RED BEEF CURRY
3/4 lb. flank
1 red bell pepper
2 tbsp red curry paste
3 tbsp canola oil
1 can light coconut milk
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1/4 cup fresh basil
Thinly slice the beef across the grain into strips about 2" long. If the beef is too soft for thin slicing, throw it into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Heat the curry paste and oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Cook the curry paste, mashing it and mixing it with the oil until well mixed and bubbling.
- Add the beef slices and cook until the beef is lightly browned on all sides, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add about 3/4 of the can of coconut milk and stir it in. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the beef is simmering, coarsely chop the peanuts and thinly slice the basil leaves. Thinly slice the red bell pepper lengthwise.
- After simmering for 10 minutes, add the fish sauce, brown sugar, salt, and chopped peanuts. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the red bell pepper strips. Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice and garnish with the fresh basil slivers.
*Use gluten-free products.
© Cooking Cute