July 24, 2006
Top: mini-quiches with ham, cheddar, onion and red bell pepper; chocolate truffle brownie
Bottom: lemongrass chili noodles with broccolini, red bell pepper, and garlic-shiitake tofu
GF products used: A Taste of Thai noodle mix, Sunergia "more than tofu", Gluten Free Pantry chocolate truffle brownie mix
Holy cow! These brownies are sooooo good! You would never think that they aren't made from traditional wheat flour. The hubs gives them two thumbs up! :)
Btw, we are in the home stretch for the website! It definitely will launch this week, either Wednesday or Thursday, depending on how long it takes me to put in the finishing touches. It's been a long haul, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. ;) Once it's up, I can finally answer the questions/comments in past entries -- I've been focusing every bit of free time on getting the site up, so I haven't been the most responsive (sorry!).
|CHEDDAR, HAM, AND BELL PEPPER MINI-QUICHES |
1 cup onion, diced
1 cup ham, diced
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
2 large eggs
8 large egg whites
2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
3/4 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar
pinch dried oregano
pinch dried basil
1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and add onion, sautéing until it begins to turn opaque, about 2 minutes. Add the ham and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add red bell peppers and sauté another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, cheese, chives, oregano, and basil. Add the sautéed mixture and stir well.
- Coat 2 12-mini-muffin pans with cooking spray and spoon mixture into the 24 wells. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until set.
- Can be served hot or at room temperature. Can also be frozen.
© Cooking Cute
* Use gluten-free ingredients.
Tags: bento, quiche, noodles with tofu & veggies, brownie, gluten-free, recipe