July 25, 2006
lighting fixed by jengagne!
Shrimp & roasted zucchini pasta
Big Fish: roasted zucchini & shrimp pasta with basil vinaigrette
Little Fish: strawberries, honeydew melon, blueberries
GF product used: Tinkyada vegetable rice spirals
SHRIMP & ROASTED ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH BASIL VINAIGRETTE
5 tbsp lemon juice (about 1-1/2 lemons)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp olive oil
1 oz. fresh basil leaves, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
1 pound gnocchi pasta or orecchiette pasta
4 zucchini, halved lengthwise
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat broiler. Combine 4 tbsp lemon juice and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in 1/3 cup of olive oil. Then mix in chopped fresh basil. Set aside.
- Place shrimp in medium bowl and drizzle with remaining 1 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp olive oil. Toss to coat, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook pasta according to directions (omitting salt and fat) until al dente.
- Meanwhile, brush both sides of the zucchini halves with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Broil them until charred, about 2 to 4 minutes per side. (You can also grill the zucchini, about 2 minutes per side.) Remove from heat and let cool.
- Cook the shrimp on the stove or in a grill-pan over medium-high heat until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cut the zucchini crosswise into 1-inch pieces and add to shrimp. Add cooked and drained pasta to the shrimp and zucchini. Drizzle in the basil vinaigrette and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Parmesan cheese.
*Use gluten-free products.
This recipe is from Bon Apetit.
Tags: bento, shrimp & zucchini pasta, fruit, recipe, gluten-free