August 31, 2006
Mama fish: rice with egg-scales and nori accents
Baby fish: hazelnut-crusted tilapia fillet; stir-fried broccoli and cauliflower (that's orange!)
Also, the nigiri sushi tutorial is up! Only one more (the tamagoyaki) to put up before the current Tutorials section is complete.
Happy Blog Day, everyone!
What is Blog Day, you ask? Well . . . BlogDay was initiated with the belief that bloggers should have one day
which will be dedicated to know other bloggers, from other countries or
areas of interests. In that day Bloggers will recommend them to
their Blog visitors.
Participating bloggers today will be recommending five sites to their readers, with a focus on blogs that are "different from their own culture, point of view and attitude." So without much further ado, here are five non-bento blogs that I enjoy reading on a regular basis.
- design*sponge - So many fabulous ideas! Look at those living stones! And the origami beer bottle labels! If I had the money, I would spend it all on the items featured on this site.
- the pants press sketchblog - I was once an artist. The beautiful work showcased in this livejournal community makes me want to draw and paint again.
- the scent of green bananas - Chances are you've already stumbled across this food-loving guambat's site, but if you haven't, definitely have a look! As much a writer as a fantastic chef, Santos fills her blog with gorgeous photos and great recipes.
- sticky rice - "Eating, drinking, sitting, watching - these are the things we love about Hanoi. On this site we will attempt to eat our way through Vietnam's northern capital and pass on the results." Mouthwatering photos of food from the motherland accompanied by informative and witty commentary. This one brings back such good memories of my trips to Vietnam!
- typologic photoblog and Penelope's Loom - Ok, ok, so I squeezed in an extra blog. Sue me! Anyway, both are photoblogs, and both are fabulous. You can lose yourself for hours going through the archives.